Friday, October 3, 2008

HARVEST 5K IN MEMORY OF KATE ROSENVALL


My Best Friend Marcae put together a 5K Walk/Run and Harvest Fest in Fillmore in memory of her daughter Kate Rosenvall. "Kater Bugs"  Kate was born on July 15th 2006 and returned home on March 25th 2008 w her heavenly father. Kate touched many lives while she was here for a short time and was such a special little girl. Marcae and Bryan spent most of their time at Primary Childrens hospital where Kate spent many months of her life. You never once heard Marcae complain as she found the best out of all the hardships they had to go through. What amazing parents Kate was blessed to be with while here on this earth. They truly loved Kate and I know Kate knew how much they loved her. Kate fought until she couldn't fight anymore and is now watching over her loving parents and sister while she is now free from all the hospitial machines, poking and prauding and pain. She is a perfect little angle and we all love and miss her so much. Marcae and Bryan have been through so much but they somehow find the best out of everything and keep moving forward. All the money that was made from the Harvest 5k/Apple fest was donated to Primary childrens hospital in Kates name. It was held in my home town "Fillmore Utah" and there was an amazing turn out.  Thanks Marcae and Bryan for putting this together and for all the hard work and time you put into it. It was so much fun. 
This is where it all began. The starting line up fillmore canyon. 
Teresa Nielsen and I up bright and early ready to start the 5k up fillmore canyon.
Cute little Jaylee was so excited to run it w us and the smile shows it. She loves being outside and in the jogging stroller. 
The Nielsen girls. We are just missing Martha. I used to practically live at the Nielsens house. Good to see you girls.  
Jen, Cheryl Ocamb and Jill Larsen. 
Taunie Stott, Lisa Beckstrand, Brady Robinson and ME!! Haven't seen these girls forever. It was so good to see you all again. 
We all made it. This was after the race at the finish line at the Barn. 
Marcae, Teresa and I. 
My uncle jeff getting the apples ready. He was having a blast. There was a dinner that night along w a band, dancing and apple pressing. Everyone had a great time. 
Teresa and I went up to the cemetary to visit Kates grave site. It was placed a few weeks ago and I know Marcae was so excited to get this put in. She always has it looking so nice for little Kate. She is actually buried right by my dad. It was good for me to go up there. Marcae it turned out perfect. 
Jaylee just laying there enjoying Fillmores Fresh air while at the cemetary. 
Trying to look all country and stuff:) 
Just me and my hubby. He really was not excited to take this picture at all. Thanks though sweetie for supporting me and coming to fillmore for all the activities. Youre the best hubby ever. 

13 comments:

ryanfam said...

I'm so glad you posted pics from the harvest days. I didn't make it and I really wish we had taken time out of our busy busy day for this. Heidi said it was so so fun. I hope that it will become a tradition like the 4th. What better way to honor Kate then this!
You as always look so amazing and have the best hair ever! Don't worry 'bout the slumber party. I will have another one. It was a ladies only party(if you know what I'm sayin)!!
P.S. I am dyin at how much Jaylee looks like a cute little Starley. Seriously, so so cute!

Carrie said...

Okay first item of bidness. Jaylee is beautiful! So tiny and precious. Aren't baby girls a blast? Secondly, HOW DID YOU JUST HAVE A BABY? I have never seen a flatter stomach and skinnier girl in all of my life. Not fair. You look amazing! I'm so jealous of all of you that got to go to Apple Fest. Us lamo people living in other states... But anyway, your little family is so cute. Congrats.

Nicole said...

How fun that you got to go. Maybe another year for the Cavalieri crew. I guess I better get running now if I'm gunna be ready for next year!

Heidi said...

Hey Treo! Harvest Days and a 5K looks like a lot of fun. We all miss you guys up here. Let us know when you will be up again and we can try to sneak in some dinner amoung all your other plans with your friends =)ps Jaylee is adorable.

Marcae said...

What a sweet post. Thank you for coming! Next year I'm going to try and be not so busy. It was a lot of fun and I was pleased with the great turnout.
P.S. I just want to squeeze that little Jaylee!!

Jen said...

Cute pics! It was great to see you and finally see your little angel, she's SUCH a doll!!! Too bad we cant get together more often. :)

Fritzsche's said...

I'm so sad I missed it. Looks like you had a great time.

Brynnly and Alan said...

Marcae is so amazing, I know! I just love her! What a neat idea she did. P.s. Jaylee is so big!!! So cute!!!

Carol said...

Hey Treo,I found your blog and of course had to look. What a cute baby you have. congrats! I wish I would have known sooner about the 5k walk/run i would have come. anyhow it is good to see people i havn't seen in years. gotta love blogs they'r the best way to catch up with everybodies lives. you look great and what a cute family.
Carol Teeples(Wilcox)

Debra said...

This is a great post! You and Marcae are both amazing mothers.

Lisa said...

Hey, I haven't forgotten about making your bows, I have just been way busy. What shade of pink and green do you need? Also, on the red, I have just a basic red, or a deeper red that is called cranberry so it is just a little darker red color. Just email me, or you can give me a call if that is easier, my number is 842-2240 or cell is 253-0067. Talk to you later, Lis

Jense Family said...

It was good to see you and actually get to talk to ya. Try to get on my blog again. Hopefully you won't have any problem. If you do maybe try typing it in www.onecrazymomonehuntingfooland4cutekids.blogspot.com Take care and hopefully I will c-ya before next years 5k.

Debra and Ryan said...

TREO! I can't wait to hold Jaylee. She looks like a princess in her blessing dress. I hate being so far away. I am missing everything. I wish i could have run the 5K. I am glad they had a good turnout. Can't wait to see you soon. love, DEB